AcneFree Severe Acne Treatment uses a time-released 10% Benzoyl Peroxide and Retinol formula for those with severe on-going acne.
- Time released formula works all day
- Dermatologist tested
- Prescription quality 10% Benzoyl Peroxide formula
- Attacks and eliminates severe acne
- Heals acne and prevents it from coming back
AcneFree Severe Acne Treatment is designed for those who suffer from severe acne.
Can Sever acne damage my skin?
Severe acne, if left untreated can cause acne scarring and pockmarks. This specialized 4 step system cleans, heals, kills, and prevents acne from coming back, eliminating your chances of getting acne scars or pockmarks! It includes an antibacterial cleansing wash, Corrective toner,Maximum Strength Repair Lotion, and a Retinol Renewal Complex.
How do AcneFree products work individually?
1. Antibacterial Cleansing Wash: This is a medicated, oil-free Benzoyl Peroxide complex which acts to quickly kill bacteria which causes acne while cleaning away dead skin from pores to prevent future outbreaks. Even the most troubled skin is left feeling clean and refreshed.
2. Corrective Toner: This is an oil-control, pH balancing formula. It works to gently remove excess oils and balance pH levels in your skin so that acne infections will heal quicker and won't last as long.
3. Maximum Strength Repair Formula: A time released 10% Benzoyl Peroxide treatment which lasts all day to kill acne causing bacteria and help reduce oil production. By killing the acne causing bacteria, it is preventing future outbreaks before they even start!
4. Retinol Renewal Complex: This formula is oil free and is used overnight. It stimulates cell rejuvination so that skin will look softer and healthier.
Contents in 4 Step System:
- (1) 4oz Antibacterial Cleansing Wash
- (1) 4oz Corrective Toner
- (1) 2oz Maximum Strength Repair Lotion
- (1) 1oz Retinol Renewal Complex
What not to do if you have acne:
1. Do NOT squeeze, pop, rub (vigorous exfoliation) the pimples - and do not let anyone do it for you!
A very important role of skin is PROTECTION. When you break or injure this barrier, bacteria will hop in and create even more serious inflammation and infection. In addition, this is how acne scars and marks are made!
2. Do not follow diet fads.
Recently, having gluten in your diet became linked to having acne. If you don't have celiac disease or are sensitive to gluten (both can be diagnosed by a doctor), going gluten free without a carefully designed diet may deprive you of iron, fiber and several other important nutrients, which will do more harm to your skin. Protein shake diets may also exasperate skin problems. Balance and moderation are key, not extreme measures.
3. Don't use heavy alcohol and salicylic acid based products.
Drying your skin does not mean you are treating your acne. If you want to use a powerful quick-fix astringent, use witch hazel, and dab it on your pimples with a q-tip 3 times a day.
4. Tanning booths are bad for your skin.
Now that we're going in to wintertime, some think that the fake sunlight will help their pimples look better. I don't need to go in to the numerous bad effects of tanning booths (ie. skin cancer and premature aging), but do know that this will not help treat your acne, can actually make you look worse and can further injure and irritate your skin.
5. Do not put aspirin on your face.
When diluted in water, this turns in to acid. It may kill some bacteria temporarily, but it can dry, sensitize and irritate your skin.
AcneFree by University Medical Ingredients:
Antibacterial Cleansing Wash - benzoyl peroxide, water, disodium laureth sulfosuccinate, glyceryl stearate, peg-100 stearate, isopropyl palmitate, magnesium aluminum silicate, xanthan gum, sorbitol, cetyl esters, polyethylene, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone.
Corrective Toner - water, SD alcohol 40-B, glycerin, hamamelis, virginiana (witch hazel) distillate, panthenol, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) extract, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, guaiazulene, lactic acid, disodium edta-copper, benzethonium chloride
Maximum Strength Repair Lotion - benzoyl peroxide, water, allyl methacrylates crosspolymer, cetearyl alcohol, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, glyceryl stearate, peg-100 stearate, isododecane, glycerin, dimethyl isosorbide, ceteareth-20, tridecyl stearate, phytosterol unsaponifiables, bisabolol, allantoin, xanthan gum, sodium stearoyl glutamate, tridecyl trimellitate, cetyl triethylmonium dimethicone peg-8 succinate, dipentaerythrityl, hexacaprylate/hexacaprate, propylene glycol, diazolidinyl urea, tetrasodium edta, methylparaben, propylparaben.
Retinol Renewal Complex - water, phytosterol unsaponifiables, glyceryl stearate, peg-100 stearate, cetearyl alcohol, glycerin, dimethicone, hyaluronic acid, peg-8 dimethicone, tridecyl stearate, retinol, sea whip extract, bisabolol, xanthan gum, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, cetyl triethylmonium dimethicone peg-8 succinate, allyl methacrylates crosspolymer, triglyceride, sodium stearoyl glutamate, dipentaerylthrityl hexacaprylate/hexacaprate, polysorbate 20, phenoxyethanol, disodium edta, methylparaben, propylparaben, methylisothiazolinone, bht, bha, propyl gallate.